We preserve our local history, promote the history of the Norwin Community and embrace the opportunity to educate the Community about the people, places and events that comprise the history of Irwin, North Irwin, and North Huntingdon Township.
In brief, the Norwin Historical Society:
1. Sponsors an annual “Homes for the Holidays” tour in December,
2. Cares for the grounds of the historic Brush Creek Associate Reformed Church Cemetery,
3. Honors our nation’s war dead on the Sunday immediately before Memorial Day with a military Honor Guard,
4. Assists researchers with genealogy and past local historic events information,
5. Provides speakers to local organizations as requested (including our local and out-of-area schools), and
6. Participates in countywide organizational forums.
The Norwin Historical Society’s 24th Annual Holiday House Tour was held on Saturday, December 7 2019. Tour booklets were provided, which included the seven homes on tour, addresses, directions, a map, and histories and points of interest on each home. As always, we arranged for a “mix” of homes on the tour, with a variety of styles, ages, and architecture. This is the Historical Society’s major source of income for the year, so we’re most appreciative of those who provide access to their beautiful homes and to those who participate on the tour. The popular VIP Shuttle Service made it more convenient for those who preferred to be transported to each home.