This spring, Ligonier Valley Historical Society and Penguin Court, a Preserve of Brandywine Conservancy, both located in Laughlintown, will host a native plant sale. These organizations are passionate about conserving and preserving the history and legacy of the Laurel Highlands. What better way to keep Pennsylvania beautiful than through an appreciation of her native flowers? These flowers paint the rolling hills of the Laurel Highlands. Planted strategically in gardens, these flowers will progressively bloom throughout Pennsylvania's spring and summer seasons.
Pre-orders begin April 1 and will run through April 24. All pre-orders MUST be pre-paid.
Supplies are limited, and will sell out quickly!
Any combination of these native plants will be sure to make your garden stand out!
1. Columbine – Aquilegia canadensis
2. Butterfly Weed – Asclepias tuberosa
3. Common Milkweed – Asclepias syriaca
4. Swamp Milkweed – Asclepias incarnata
5. Cardinal Flower – Lobelia cardinalis
6. Great Blue Lobelia – Lobelia siphilitica
7. Purple Coneflower – Echinacea purpurea
8. Wild Bergamot / Bee Balm – Monarda fistulosa
9. Slender Mountain Mint – Pycnanthemum tenuifolium
10. Oxeye Sunflower – Heliopsis helianthoides
11. Wild senna – Senna hebecarpa
12. Aromatic Aster – Symphyotrichum oblongifolium
13. Showy Aster – Aster spectabilis
The Native Plant Sale will take place May 9, from 8:00am to 1:00pm, at Compass Inn Museum.
Pre-orders may be picked up at Compass Inn Museum:
Friday, May 8, from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Saturday, May 9, from 8:00am to 4:00pm
Sunday, May 10, from 11:00am to 4:00pm
Call Ligonier Valley Historical Society at 724-238-6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your pre-order catalog!