Gary Puckett & The Union Gap are one of the most successful musical groups of the 60s. Gary’s unmistakable signature voice garnered six gold records with Young Girl, Woman Woman, Lady Willpower, Over You, Don’t Give in to Him, and This Girl is a Woman Now.
DID YOU KNOW THAT…
- Gary Puckett and The Union Gap had six consecutive gold records and sold more records in 1968 than any other recording act … including The Beatles.
- Gary is one of a few artists whose first five releases went gold not even Elvis accomplished this.
- Mr. Puckett played a command performance at the White House for Prince Charles and Princess Anne by special invitation of the President.
- Gary has made more than 50 television appearances and has performed in a Made for TV movie.
- Gary Puckett and The Union Gap achieved prominence worldwide.
- Young Girl was reissued by popular request in England where it reached number one and achieved a Silver Record Award for the second time. This is a full six years after the song was initially released.
- The Gary Puckett and The Union Gap’s Greatest Hits album is one of CBS’s best selling Collector’s Series albums today.
- Gary was a founding member of the incredibly successful Happy Together Tour playing to sold-out performances in over 100 cities nationwide.
- Gary was invited to tour with the Monkees on their national reunion tour, which established itself as the major box office success of the 1986 touring season.
- In 1992, he went to Europe and recorded In Europe, now released in the US.
- In August 2001, Gary released his first-ever Christmas CD, At Christmas.
- Gary performs to standing room only crowds doing over 150 performances each year
The Latshaw Pops Orchestra will open the show with a tribute to Burt Bacharach with songs such as This Guy’s In Love With You, I Say A Little Prayer For You, and Alfie.