Step back in time to when Hanna’s Town served as the seat of government for Westmoreland County! Join us for reenactments of actual court cases heard at Hanna’s Town between 1773 and 1786 along with living history presentations, military encampments and demonstrations, activities for children, live music, food, and more!
Living history includes:
- visits to Hanna's Tavern, the first Westmoreland County courthouse
- Proctor's Militia of Westmoreland County
- military encampments, drills, and artillery demonstrations
- blacksmithing, tinsmithing, and barrel making
- spinning and weaving by Applegate School of Needlepoint
- Revolutionary War medicine
- midwife and apothecary
- Native American history and culture
- 18th century church service on Sunday morning
- recollection of the burning of Hanna's Town
Live music by traditional Irish band Gallowglass and patriotic performance by singer Cathi Rhodes.
Children's activities at Frontier Kids station and new American Revolution-themed storytime.
See our new Westmoreland History Education Center!
- museum shop
- exhibit gallery
- new education space
Antiques & Sutlers Market featuring Penny River Clothing, Bushy Run Winery, Christina's Handbags, Shortbread Exchange Company, Tinsmith, and Cooper