Follow the skirl of bagpipes to beautiful Ligonier at Idlewild Park for the annual gathering of the Clans. Join your friends, neighbors and fellow fans of all things Scottish at the Ligonier Highland Games and experience exciting competitions in:
- Piping and drumming competitions
- Individual and massed pipe bands on the field
- Scottish harp workshop and competition
- Traditional Scottish heavy athletic events tossing the caber, the Scottish hammer throw, sheaf tossing and stone
- Highland dancing and Scottish country dancing, the timeless tradition of Gaelic Mod singing and poetry and Celtic Harps
Shop for Celtic wares including pottery, jewelry, tartans, Scottish food, and, of course, kilts!
Feast on traditional Scottish foods, snacks and desserts from Gaelic Imports!
Visit the Clan tents to explore the history and genealogy of Scotland's families.
Enjoy the children's Games, the Massed Bands (hundreds of pipers and drummers at once!), Scottish-breed dog exhibits, Pittsburgh Scottish Country Dancers and Celtic performers from all over the world!
Living History Representing Scottish military units, some of which served in the Pittsburgh region 250 years ago during the French and Indian Wars.
Please visit the event website for tickets, times and more information.
*Please Note: This is not an Idlewild park event and Amusement rides and attractions DO NOT OPEN for Highland Games. The Clan Donald Educational and Charitable Trust oversees and makes possible the activities of the Ligonier Highland Games and reserves the park property. Idlewild tickets and passes are not valid for entry to the Ligonier Highland Games.