A 4-Day, 3-Night Trip
The Laurel Highlands is a stunning region comprised of lush mountains, rolling countryside and charming small towns filled with cultural, historic and exceptional places to visit! Experience the natural and man-made wonders that make this area of southwestern Pennsylvania a unique and captivating experience.
- Be witness to the miracle at the Quecreek Mine Rescue Site, where nine miners were rescued against all odds.
- Discover a distinctive dining experience, served with a generous portion of history and local lore, at the exceptional Green Gables Restaurant.
- Enjoy lively entertainment housed in a revived gristmill at the Mountain Playhouse, Pennsylvania's oldest stock theater.
- Travel through history along the Lincoln Highway, our nation's first coast-to-coast highway.
- Explore the Lincoln Highway's Roadside Giants - great for photo opportunities!
- Shop and dine in historic Ligonier - this picturesque town offers more than 60 specialty shops!
- Learn about the French and Indian War and the legacy of George Washington at Fort Ligonier. View the beautiful collection of religious artifacts from the Near East at Antiochian Village and enjoy a traditional Arabesque meal.
- Marvel at the power of water and the history that surrounds the Youghiogheny River at the Laurel Highlands Falls Area Visitor Center at Ohiopyle State Park.
- Experience architectural genius Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece, Fallingwater.
- Admire the expansive views from the top of the Allegheny Front at the historic Summit Inn Resort.
- Go spelunking, take a tour or play Kavernputt at Laurel Caverns, the deepest cave system in Pennsylvania.
- Take a short hike to see the inspiring 60-foot tall Cross of Christ at Jumonville Christian Camp and Retreat Center.