A 4-Day, 3-Night Trip
It has been said, "To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." Throughout the Laurel Highlands, you will find innovative farms, ideas on a variety of gardening techniques, beautiful gardens and shopping to stock your own paradise at home. Bring your gloves and roll up your sleeves. Let's dig into Gardens Galore and More!
- Tour this working farm and learn about the world of clean agriculture at Faranda Farm.
- Learn about kitchen gardens of days gone by at the Compass Inn Museum.
- Shop at one of our region's most bountiful seasonal markets, the Ligonier Country Market!
- Paint a flower pot and learn to DIY with Sonia, regular contributor at Hometalk and owner of Sonia's Shabby Chic.
- Enjoy dinner on the terrace at the Ligonier Tavern and Table in the heart of charming Lignoier!
- Pick your own produce at Hillside Orchards, a fourth-generation family farm.
- Tour the homestead, distillery and gorgeous gardens at West Overton Village and Museum.
- Enjoy lunch on-site from a local caterer, Carson's Catering.
- Cheers to a great day! Sample wine and take it all in at the captivating Greendance - The Winery at Sand Hill.
- Enjoy dinner in a beautiful grove surrounded by rhododendron and trickling creeks at Nino's Restaurant.
- Discover endless inspiration and ideas at Neubauer's Flowers and Market House.
- Enjoy a lovingly-prepared meal on the porch of Bittersweet Café. Don't miss shopping at the antique shop and exploring unique succulent and up-cycled accents.
- Take a hike and breathe the fresh air of Ferncliff Peninsula Natural Area, one of the Laurel Highlands' most unique ecosystems.
- Shop and explore the fruits of a gardener's labor at Backyard Gardens.
- Dine in the charming atmosphere of the Oakhurst Grille and Event Center.
- Explore the world of wellness and organic farming at SanaView Farms, a teaching farm focused on organics and a wellness lifestyle.
- Now that you've learned about farming techniques and have been inspired by our stunning local gardens, visit Baker's Home and Garden Center and bring a piece of the beauty home with you.