A 2-Day, 1-Night Trip
As a region known for stunning scenery, significant history and unique connections to spirituality, the Laurel Highlands welcomes groups both big and small to take this tour. The trip includes stops at an exquisite basilica, drives along historic and scenic highways, visiting charming towns, taking in awe-inspiring views and admiring famous architecture. This amazing two-day group-friendly itinerary explores exceptional sites and truly has something to inspire everyone.
- Visit one of the oldest Benedictine monasteries in the United States, Saint Vincent Basilica in Latrobe. Since 1846, monks have gathered here to work, pray and serve others. Today, trained docents welcome groups to witness the stunning architecture at the humbling holy site.
- Enjoy history with a smile at Compass Inn Museum. Dressed in 1830s period clothing, docents will lead you on an entertaining and informative tour through the original inn and three reconstructed outbuildings. You will hear stories of transportation and life in the early 1800s while learning word and phrase origins.
- Kick back and relax with dining and shopping in the lovely town of Ligonier. Featuring more than 60 specialty shops and the title of "One of the Most Charming Towns in America."
- Antiochian Heritage Museum & Library celebrates the artistic, cultural and spiritual heritage of the great city of Antioch. From richly inlaid wood furniture and hand-embroidered textiles to rare Bibles and icons that have served for centuries as windows into the heavenly realm, the onsite collections provide guests with unique opportunities for enrichment and exploration.
- Dinner will also be served at the stunning Antiochian Village Conference Center with a menu of your choice and plenty of space for groups of any size.
- Nestled within 150 acres of lush woodlands in the Laurel Highlands, Touchstone Center for Crafts is the perfect creative space for groups of any kind. Offering programs of your choice from demonstrations to full service workshops, it is a stop that will inspire any traveler.
- Inspiration can be found during a walk to the Cross of Christ on the spacious, well-manicured grounds and prayer garden at Jumonville Christian Camp & Retreat Center. After taking in the epic views and stunning cross, enjoy lunch in the retreat center. Be sure to leave time for an engaging team building activity!
- Tour Frank Lloyd Wright's Kentuck Knob, one of four Wright-designed houses in the region. The property showcases stunning views, an eclectic collection of Wright furniture from around the world, a serene sculpture garden and Hagan ice cream. This is a must stop for any group tour!
- Take in your last moments of inspiration in the Laurel Highlands at Mount Saint Macrina. The original mansion was built for one of the leading and wealthiest coal barons in the area, J.V. Thompson. Today this entire site has been dedicated to an apostolic community. Explore the stunning grounds, exquisite architecture and the House of Prayer. Special treats await before your departure.