A 5-Day, 4-Night Trip
The Laurel Highlands is famous for family getaways and vacations. From world-renowned attractions, exhilarating adventures, living history and hands-on activities, your group will cherish the lifelong memories it will make while traveling through the Laurel Highlands of southwestern Pennsylvania.
- The first stop on your trip is served under the golden arches at the Big Mac Museum Restaurant. Enjoy lunch and a tour at this fun-loving stop.
- Welcome to our neighborhood, invite the kids to relive the magic of Mister Rogers and his neighborhood at the Fred Rogers Center at Saint Vincent College.
- Stop at the Lincoln Highway Heritage Experience, the perfect place to start an epic scavenger hunt along the Lincoln Highway. Enjoy the interactive exhibits, snag a few kitschy souvenirs and grab a slice of pie at the resorted 1938 Serro's Diner.
- It's time to kick back and have some good old-fashioned fun at Caddie Shak. Pick your activity of choice from Go Karts, bumper boats, mini golf and more.
- Pack up your goodies from the Old General Store, a blanket and your favorite chair and head to the Evergreen Drive-In Theatre to enjoy a movie on the big screen.
- Honor the heroes and connect with the youth in your family on this educational and powerful stop. The Flight 93 National Memorial honors the heroes of Flight 93 with exhibits and special programs that tell the story of September 11, 2001.
- This sweet stop shares the family legacy of the local maple industry. Explore the science behind maple and taste the syrup as you explore Brantview Farms.
- Reconnect and make a new memory with your family at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Enjoy an activity of your choice from zip lining, golf, swimming at the pool, hiking, horseback riding and more.
- You're off to the races! Enjoy an action-packed evening of stock car racing at its best at Jennerstown Speedway.
- Enjoy the morning at Ohiopyle State Park. Pick your choice of activity from whitewater rafting on the Youghiogheny River, biking the Great Allegheny Passage, mining for gems with Laurel Highlands River Tours, hiking to waterfalls and viewing wildlife, relaxing by the river or dining shopping in town.
- Welcome to Pennsylvania's largest cave, Laurel Caverns. Adventurers can go cave exploring or rappelling while the less adventurous can take the hour-long guided tour, play mini golf or pan for gemstones.
- Take a break from your adventure-packed day in the Laurel Highlands at the historic Summit Inn Resort, where you can enjoy a meal and some relaxation on the grand porch.
- Visit Fort Necessity National Battlefield, the site of young George Washington's first military engagement and the battle that marks the beginning of the French and Indian War.
- Explore one of four Frank Lloyd Wright's houses in the Laurel Highlands, Kentuck Knob. Enjoy a tour, a hike to the sculpture gardens and end your visit with a taste of Hagan ice cream.