PA Wine Tours & Tastings
Six unique vineyards offer tasting sessions and wine tours in Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands.
Laurel Highlands is famous for its lush landscape amongst the Allegheny Mountains, but not everybody realizes that this fertile region also produces some exceptional Pennsylvania wines. Six amazing PA wineries are located in the heart of the Laurel Highlands, and they offer more than just great boutique wines; many feature live music, amazing food, and special events throughout the season.
You can visit all the Laurel Highlands, PA wineries in a weekend. Take a wine tour upon arriving at a vineyard, and schedule a wine tasting. Afterwards, enjoy outdoor seating and beautiful surroundings as you sample unique wines and something to eat.
You can find a winery close to Pittsburgh and make a short day trip from the city, or look for a place to stay in the heart of the Laurel Highlands and visit more than one winery during your visit.
Christian W. Klay Winery
- Located in Chalk Hill, PA
- First commercial winery in Fayette County
- Near Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Wines are named after historic sites along the National Road
- Events at winery include Pavilion Music Series (free admission), Lavender Festival, Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, Lobster Clambake, Harvest Festival and special wine pairings.
Glades Pike Winery
- Located in Somerset, PA
- The winery originated from a hobby/membership in a wine club
- Makes a traditional honey wine called Mountain Mead
- Can have orders available at Pittsburgh’s Public Market (a.k.a. “The Strip”)
- Main event at winery - Music in the Mountains concert series
Greendance — The Winery At Sand Hill
- The winery is part of the Sand Hill Berries property, a small fruits farm that produces many types of gourmet fruit
- Opened in 2007 and produces over 40 kinds of wines including pure fruit wines
- There are amazing areas to sit and relax. You can purchase pie by the slice with some ice cream, special snacks in their caf´, As well as enjoy a glass (or two ) of wine
- Events at winery include concerts on weekends in the summer, late night hours on Fridays, Summer Solstice Celebration, Blueberry Festival, Harvest Festival and special lunches with a Chef!
- Located in Irwin, PA
- Opened in 2007 and offer 20 kinds of wines
- Customer favorites include Diamond and Holiday wines — Harvest Moon anD Greenhouse Cheer
- They can personalize bottle labels with pictures and messages to help you celebratE Special occasions like birthdays, weddings and anniversaries. They also create Many different types of gift baskets.
- Upcoming event - the Trax Farm Wine Festival
Stone Villa Wine Cellars
- Located in Acme, PA
- Opened in 2000, the name “Stone Villa” was decided after researching the family heritage...ancestors were wine makers and stone masons
- Showcase 20 types of wines
- Can produce 20,000 gallons of wine a year
- Wide variety of concerts on weekends and special summer extended hours
Walnut Hill Winery
- Located in Blairsville, PA
- Expect a cozy, warm welcome when visiting Walnut Hill Winery
- Sample favorites including Blairsville Blush, Ridgeview Red, and Black Raspberry Merlot
- Celebrating a special occasion? Walnut Hill offers custom wine labels and made-to-order gift baskets.
- Have a blast sipping on some wine while listening to live music during Saturday Night Band night every Saturday during the summer months.
Southwest Passage Wine Trail
The Southwest Passage Wine Trail includes 7 wineries that are located throughout the mountains and valleys of Southwestern PA. The trail includes all of the above wineries except Stone Villa and ALSO includes Raspberry Acres Winery, Thistlethwaite Vineyards and Walnut Hill Winery