Laurel Highlands Fall Festivals
Where to find Western PA's best outdoor festivals this fall
Laurel Highlands Fall Fun
- Looking for exciting, family-friendly fall activities?
- Find tips on where to see the most spectacular fall foliage.
- Relax & rejuvenate this season at our spas and salons.
- Experience a thrill with water sports, zip lining, and more at Ohiopyle.
- Need help planning a breathtaking fall drive? We've got you covered!
Schedule of 2013's Fabulous Outdoor Festivals and Celebrations
- August 30th-September 2nd: Pennsylvania Arts Crafts Colonial Festival
- September 4th-8th: Farmers Threshermens Jubilee
- September 6th-8th: Mountain Craft Days
- September 7th Connellsville Mum Festival
- September 7th-8th, 14th-15th: Idlewild's Oktoberfest
- September 14th-15th: Annual Flax Scutching Festival
- September 20th-22nd: Art-Craft-Wine Festival
- September 21st: Ligonier Highland Games
- September 21st-22nd: Derry Railroad Days
- Weekends September 21st-October 31st: Faranda Farm Harvest Festival
- September 22nd: Laurel Highlands Harvest Festival
- September 27th-29th: Mt. Pleasant Glass Ethnic Festival
- September 28th-29th, October 5th-6th, 12th-13th, 19th-20th: Autumnfest at Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- Every Saturday Sunday in October: Idlewild's Hallowboo!
- October 4th-5th: Springs Folk Festival
- October 5th-6th 12th-13th: Bedford's 49th Fall Foliage Festival
- October 6th: Annual Ex-paws-ition at Christian W. Klay Winery
- October 11th-13th: Fort Ligonier Days
- October 12th: Rocktoberfest at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- November 2nd-3rd: Arts Cultural Celebration at Hidden Valley Resort
Get the inside scoop on a few of our most popular festivals!
September is here and with it comes the official start to the region’s wonderful fall festival season. Beginning Labor Day weekend, you’ll find a bumper crop of unique special events that coincide with each other to celebrate the Laurel Highlands’ agricultural heritage and history.
Mountain Craft Days
A longtime favorite of festival goers is Mountain Craft Days held on the scenic grounds of the Somerset Historical Center. This three-day event features over 125 craft artisans, musicians and entertainers who interpret early Pennsylvania life on farm homesteads from the 1770s and 1830s.
Farmers and Threshermens Jubilee
Just a short distance up the road is the Farmers and Threshermens Jubilee in New Centerville. Down home country fun at is best, demonstrations of antique farm equipment, apple pie contest, quilt show and fun activities for kids from a hay bale toss to a pedal power tractor pull.
Flax Scutching Festival
Over the mountain in Stahlstown is the Annual Flax Scutching Festival. A Scots-Irish craft that separates linen fibers from the flax plant. The region’s descendants have kept this festival going for 106 years. Other crafts include tin punching and lace making rounded out with a dramatic Indian raid, bonfires, music and more.
Ligonier Highlands Games
Later in September, history buffs will not want to miss the Ligonier Highland Games. This family-friendly event features historical demonstrations, reenactments, crafts, a parade and music. Get out your kilt and head to the Ligonier Highland Games, where everyone is Scottish, even if it’s just for a day. Held on the grounds of Idlewild Park in Ligonier, you will feel as if you’ve been transported to Brigadoon as you’ll be surrounded by kilt-clad athletes competing in games, massed bagpipe bands, Scottish terriers and the smell of shepherd’s pie in the air.
Fort Ligonier Days
In October Western PA is home to the annual 3-day Fort Ligonier Days festival that commemorates the Battle of Fort Ligonier, a key engagement of the French and Indian War, fought on October 12, 1758.On the grounds of the Fort is the re-enactment of the Battle of Fort Ligonier at 2 4 pm Saturday and Sunday.Don't miss the elaborate and entertaining parade that proceeds down Main Street around Ligonier's picturesque Diamond at 11am on Saturday.
Keep Up-to-Date with all Laurel Highlands events!
Browse our full events calendar to find the perfect event for you anytime of the year! Special events and festivals in PA's Laurel Highlands run year-round, ensuring that you'll always experience unique festivals, fairs, art shows, museum exhibits, theater performances, live music concerts when visiting the region. Check out our interactive Calendar of Events now!
Another great way to stay in touch with the happenings in the Laurel Highlands is to sign-up for our interest-based e-newsletter! You will receive email notification of any upcoming deals, great vacation packages, events, and other fun things to see anddo in the Laurel Highlands.