The Perryopolis Area History Museum
- May 19, 2017 - Oct 20, 2017
- Recurring weekly on Friday, Saturday
- Perryopolis Parks & Recreation Authority
- 312 Liberty Street
- Perryopolis, PA 15473
The Museum is housed in the c.1815 Old State Bank Building , which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The museum provides an overview of the area's history, including early settlement period, the era of coal and coke, and the post WWII period thru the bicentennial celebration (2014).
Come and explore George Washington's contribution tot he area; the important role it played in the development of Pittsburgh as the "Steel City" of the world; and the 1.5 million dollar inheritance that brought Perryopolis into the 2oth century.
The Museum offers: Museum Hours are:
* The Milton. T Allison Memorial Genealogy Room Fridays 1PM to 5 PM
* The Leah Thorpe Page children's Museum Saturdays 10Am to 2PM