Special Olympics Winter Games
- Jan 29, 2017 - Jan 31, 2017
- Recurring daily
- 777 Waterwheel Drive
- Seven Springs, PA 15622
More than 350 athletes and 175 coaches will travel to the 40th Special Olympics Pennsylvania (SOPA) Winter Games, held at Seven Springs Mountain Resort and in Johnstown, PA from January 29-31, 2017. This statewide competition, taking place at Seven Springs Mountain Resort as well as the Cambria County War Memorial Arena and Planet Ice in Johnstown, will feature competition in alpine and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and figure and speed skating. Spectators are encouraged to visit any of the competition venues to cheer on the athletes.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS WINTER GAMES SCHEDULE
A detailed schedule with event times and locations will be available soon!
Sunday, January 29, 2017
– Winter Games will begin with Opening Ceremonies on Sunday, February 7 at 5 p.m. in the Seven Springs Mountain Resort Courtyard near the Foggy Goggle.
– The Opening Ceremonies will feature an array of speakers and performances to motivate and entertain the athletes, and commence competition with the official lighting of the Olympic Torch.
Monday, January 30, 2017
Competitions begin at 7:30 a.m. for Alpine and Cross-Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Figure and Speed Skating at Seven Springs and Johnstown.
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
– Final day of competitions begins at 7:30 a.m..
– Closing ceremonies will be held at multiple sporting event locations from 1-3 p.m.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS WINTER GAMES INFORMATION
– Spectators are welcome to visit any of the competition venues and cheer on the athletes.
– This event requires volunteers from around the state to serve as officials, athlete escorts, award presenters, and in various other ways.
– For more information, or to volunteer, contact Mike Ermer at 1-800-233-5161 x 243 or email@example.com
– Additional information may be found online at the official website for the Special Olympics Winter Games.