Running - The Yoga Way
- Jan 29, 2017
- 235 West Main Street
- Ligonier, PA 15658
Ask and you shall receive!
We will be holding another runners workshop! This time we will be at the Greensburg location. We will be covering the same topics, but with some different approaches! If you missed the last one don't hesitate to sign up as we filled up quickly! If you came to the last one, join us again to elaborate more on what we learned!
Rather you have been running for years or just starting, running often exaggerates imbalances in the body, which can, over time, cause injuries. A yoga practice will help prevent injuries by increasing your flexibility and bringing balance to your body and mind.
Join Cortny Kennick, E-RYT 200, NASE Certified Speed Specialist, and running enthusiast, for a yoga workshop geared to explore different techniques that can be utilized for an enhanced and safe run! While this class is for all runners and walkers of any level, we want to warmly welcome beginners! Together we can share our experiences and encourage each other in our running community!
This workshop includes:
• Exploration of breathing exercises for pre-run and breathing techniques that can be utilized during a run
• Myofascial release (must bring your own foam roller)
• Exploration of props for needed support
• Yoga warm ups designed to prepare your mind and body for a run
• Yoga cool downs for post runs to help transition the body smoothly back to steady state of rest
• Strength training exercises in a yoga format for the entire body, but specific to the lower extremities and core (bring socks!)
• Balancing asanas to create strength in the feet and ankles
• Principles of Chi Running and discussion on running form
• Foot stretching and strengthening (to release pain of plantar fasciitis, help create stable arches in the feet, and stretch through the entire foot)
• Meditation and discussion on the role it plays in your running
• Open discussion to share tips, tricks, and encouragement