Rhythm and Brews
- Aug 27, 2016
After a successful event to wrap up the summer in 2015, Rivertowne Brewing is back with our annual Rhythm and Brews Festival. This event brings together craft beer, music, food, and other great Pittsburgh-based businesses and vendors for a day in the park overflowing with all the elements that make summertime so great. Christian Fyke, CEO of Rivertowne, envisioned an event where beer enthusiasts sample a variety of offerings from Rivertowne and other participating breweries while enjoying local bands in the great outdoors. Combine all this with Rivertowne’s motto of providing a venue where great friends can meet and Rhythm and Brews came to life.
Rhythm and Brews 2016 will take place Saturday, August 27th from 1:00pm – 9:00pm at the Tall Trees Ampitheater in Monroeville, the spot of last year’s event. Five local bands will take the stage this year throughout the day to provide musical entertainment. These bands are as follows:
- Allegheny Drifters have presented their exciting style of bluegrass for over a decade. Their engaging, fast-paced show appeals to all ages with fine bluegrass classics, strong soulful vocals and blazing instrumentals. They've earned a national reputation for superb song selection and good old-fashioned energy and drive.
- The Brothers Jenkins are an American indie rock band from Pittsburgh, PA. Formed in 2012, the band is made up of two brothers, Cory Jenkins (lead vocals/guitar) and Eddie Jenkins Jr. (vocals/lead guitar), as well as Scott Lewis (drums) and Scott Zielmanski (bass).
- Nacho Blues Band - a brewery favorite!
- Shawn Owen Band style & sound is CHILL! His versatility & passion are undeniable in every performance. Shawn is lightly finger picking and singing a beautiful falsetto one minute, then violently strumming and screaming with aggression at a defenseless microphone the next. Watching Shawn perform, you will go through these emotions with him: relaxation, energy, love, aggression, peace and struggle. Later, you'll be singing his one of his tunes in your head for days.
- Pittsburgh-based Bastard Bearded Irishmen is one of the most entertaining and energetic live shows today. Their sound is an original, ferocious blend of traditional and contemporary Celtic music, mixed with punk, gypsy and high-energy rock n' roll.
To fulfill the ‘brews’ portion of the marquee, Rivertowne’s draft truck, courtesy of Galli Beer Distributing, will be on hand to keep your glass properly occupied. The taps will be pouring Paradise, also known as Rivertowne’s trio of summer classics featuring Jah Mon Session IPA, Grateful White Belgian Wit, and Hala Kahiki Pineapple Ale. They also plan to get you prepped for Fall with two well-known seasonals: Octoberfest and Headless Wylie.
In addition, the Rivertowne Lab Rats will be offering a smattering of one-off specialty beers during Rhythm and Brews as well. These typically don’t make it outside the brewery, so today may be the only day you get to imbibe. Brewery friends of Rivertowne from across the Pittsburgh region will also be in attendance. Stay tuned for a full list of participating breweries in the near future, including Helltown Brewing, Rock Bottom Pittsburgh, and Green Flash Brewing Co.
As Clark’s father-in-law let everyone know in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, “I gotta eat! So I can take my back pill.” And while you may not need to medicate at Rhythm and Brews, chances are you’re gonna want a bite or two. Thankfully, Rivertowne is keeping your tummy full with the following food vendors on hand:
- Dad's Pub & Grub
- Earth, Wheel, and Fire Mobile Wood Fired Pizza
- Happy Camper Cakes
- Swing Truck
More food vendors will be added soon.
Finally, Rivertowne is welcoming some of their partners and other businesses and organizations they work with throughout the year to partake in the festivities. Many of these folks will be bringing games and activities to truly tie the summer festivities together. Be sure to bring your game face…you may just win some pretty cool prizes!
Here’s a look at who will be on hand to party with you:
- 93.7 The Fan Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Craft Beer Network
- Pittsburgh Craft Beers
- Mark Brewer, author and illustrator of Brewology
- The Pantless Of Pittsburgh - Cupid's Undie Run
- Turtle Creek Watershed Association
- Westmoreland Heritage Trail
- The Westmoreland Museum of American Art
- Pittsburgh East Roller Villains
- DJ's Brew Crafts
Special thanks to our partners at the Holiday Inn Pittsburgh/Monroeville for offering a special rate. Book your room today and take an Uber to and from the festival! Ask for Rhythm & Brews or Block Code BRW.www.himonroeville.com
You now officially have a lot of reasons to wind down your Summer at Rhythm and Brews. So gather up your posse and snag your tickets today! See you on August 27th!