A unique marathon event in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of southwestern Pennsylvania!
Marathon on the Mountain will both challenge and inspire you while you run through the beautiful mountain terrain at Seven Springs Mountain Resort on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
Choose the marathon, half marathon or 5k to get the distance that is right for you. The race will take you past multiple ponds, along charming country lanes and through some of the most scenic woods in Pennsylvania. The courses utilize both ski trails and wooded hiking and biking paths that will take you deep into the forest. Minimal hard surfaces and very few road crossings are on the course, and multiple aid stations with water, Gatorade, and fruit will be featured.
The marathon will make two laps of the picturesque course that starts and ends in front of the Foggy Goggle at Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers, male and female in each race. All racers will receive a tech shirt as well as a finisher medal upon completion.
ABOUT THE RUN
– You have to be at least 15 years of age to participate. Parent/Guardian must be present to sign release waiver.
– Event Registration closes Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. We suggest early registration. There will be NO on-site event registration the day of the event
– All racers will start at 8 a.m.
– The courses utilize both ski trails and wood hiking and biking paths that will take you deep into the forest
– The race contains minimal hard surfaces and has very few road crossings
– The marathon will make two laps of the picturesque course that starts and ends in front of the Foggy Goggle
Please visit marathononthemountain.com to view the course map and elevation statistics. We also offer a mile by mile description of the course, including what types of surfaces you will be running on.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
– Check-in is from 6-8 a.m. on Saturday, November 5 at the Ticket Office which is located in the Skier Service Center.
– There will be NO on-site event registration the day of the event
– All racers (full and half marathon) will start at 8 a.m.
– 5k racers will start shortly after the full and half-marathon racers.
– Bag Check is in Tiny Tots (Located near the Ticket Office) and will be open from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Awards for the Half-Marathon will be announced at approximately 10 a.m. and at approximately 12 p.m. for the Full-Marathon.
Childcare is available to race participants beginning from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24-hours before the event by calling 800-452-2223, ext. 7997. Snacks and drinks are provided.
– Full Day | $65 per child
– Half-Day | $50 per child
– Hourly | $20 per child
Registration Fees & Deadlines
Marathon – 26.2 Miles – Individual: Now – 6/13/16 = $70, 6/14/16 – 8/14/16 = $80, 8/15/16 – 11/3/16 = $90.
Half Marathon – 13.1 Miles – Individual: Now – 6/13/16 = $50, 6/14/16 – 8/14/16 = $60, 8/15/16 – 11/3/16 = $70.
5k – 3.1 Miles – Individual: Now – 6/13/16 = $30, 6/14/16 – 8/14/16 = $30, 8/15/16 – 11/3/16 = $40.
Sign Up Now.