FARM to TABLE WEEKEND
Thursday, August 11th - Sunday August 14th
A weekend full of farm fresh fun! Join us for local food tastings, farm tours, and a farm to table dinner on Saturday evening. Weekend activities only open to overnight guests, reservations limited. Reservations required by Tuesday, August 9th, seating is limited.
- Amish Produce Auction -- Join Mike and Chef Martin at the Amish produce auction in Springs, PA and shop for ingredients that will be used in meals throughout the weekend. Friday at 9:00 am, free.
- SRL Sustainability Tour -- Learn about the Lodge's efforts to reduce our carbon footprint. Friday at 3:30pm, free.
- Wine & Cheese Tasting -- Jan will host an informal tasting of four cheeses from our friends, award-winning FireFly Farms from Accident, MD along with Maryland and Virginia wines. Friday at 5pm, $35 per person.
- Farm Tours -- After breakfast at The Cornucopia Café, meet Mike for a visit to Floyd and Fanny Yoder's farm. Longtime friends of ours, Floyd and Fanny supply all of the eggs we use at SRL and The Cornucopia Café, and their goats milk is used by FireFly Farms for their cheeses. We'll also stop by Martha Yoder's farm for her fresh strawberries. Saturday at 10am, free.
- Farm to Table Dinner -- Enjoy a four course family-style dinner under twinkly lights out on the deck. The menu will be devised with the freshest ingredients available from our favorite local farms. We'll head down for a bonfire afterward. Saturday at 7:30pm, $100 per person including paired wines (before tax and gratuity).
Packages available and begin at $670 based on double occupancy, includes two nights lodging and two plates at the farm to table dinner.