Celebrate National Sandwich Day in the Laurel Highlands, and pick up your favorite at one of these great places.
Did you know that the sandwich is said to have been created by John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich? Little did he know that his desire to eat his meal with one hand while spending twenty-four hours gambling would result in such a wide spread menu staple. While the story may not be 100% accurate, the name stuck.
From burgers and chicken sandwiches to clubs, grilled cheese, and wraps, find out the best places to enjoy this classic meal in the Laurel Highlands.
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Kitchen On Main with a burger, melt, or sandwich, like the Grilled Chicken Sandwich, pictured above.
- Forks Inn serves flame-grilled, freshly smashed burgers paired with excellent fresh fries, the perfect way to celebrate this yummy day.
- Have lunch at Out of the Fire Café, where you’ll find a wide variety of sandwiches, from warm wraps and Paninis to burgers and pulled pork sandwiches.
- You can’t go wrong with Abigail’s Coffeehouse, with their whole menu of creative café sandwiches.
- Using fresh ingredients, like free range chickens and eggs and farm fresh produce, Bittersweet Café will have the perfect sandwich for you to enjoy this day.
- Celebrate at Falls City Restaurant & Pub with a sandwich, burger, or a wrap, and pair it with chips and salsa, fresh-cut fries, or sweet potato fries. Pick your own combination for this special day.
- Grab a bite at Ohiopyle House Café. Their farm-to-table creations and locally sourced produce make them the perfect stop for National Sandwich Day.
Check out our full list of restaurants for more places to take part in National Sandwich Day!